You can't secure what you don't acknowledge.SM

Friday, January 18, 2013

Dear Neal Boortz,

With this being your final day on the air, I thought it would be appropriate for me to send you a note of thanks for all you've done for me the past 20 years or so that I've listened to your radio show. Rather than wax poetic in paragraph format I want to list out the things you've taught me that have greatly enhanced my life.

Neal, you have taught me:

  • To be an independent thinker
  • To question liberals and conservatives - especially those who want to force their ideals upon us and control us using the police power of government
  • To work hard, really hard - and then keeping on working some more (the 40 hour work week is for losers indeed)
  • To take care of my health
  • To appreciate every moment with the people I really like to be around (I really miss Royal too)
  • To not be afraid to speak my mind if I feel strongly about something (you helped inspire the name of my company, Principle Logic)
  • To read, read, read and take in as much knowledge as possible
  • To be a better writer
  • To hold people accountable
  • To laugh
  • To go all out

My late mother, Linda Beaver, used to call me Neal Boortz Junior...all the time. She loved you too. I know she's happy for you as well.
 
With each day that passed this week, I got a bit choked up knowing that I was one day closer to losing the very inspiration and insight that has helped me reach such a great point in my life. Around 11:58am today, as you were signing off, it all came to a head and I broke down.

I owe you a debt of gratitude Neal. A big one. I wish I could repay you somehow.

Most importantly Neal, e n j o y  y o u r  r e t i r e m e n t. You're a very lucky man because of all the luck you've created - now go have some fun! Just know that you'll be greatly missed.

Adios MFer! ;-)

Sincerely,
Kevin Beaver

2 comments:

  1. Kevin,
    I couldn't agree more! And after taking a look at your books, I'm a fan of yours! You listened to Neal, and "it took!" I listened and "it took" with me as well. Now it's up to both you and me to be apostles of free enterprise and spread the word to the heathen.

    Best regards,
    Jim Ogburn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. I just realized that I never replied to your comment - my apologies. I appreciate your thoughtful words. Glad to hear there's someone else out there who "gets" Neal's stuff.

      All the best,
      Kevin

      Delete