You can't secure what you don't acknowledge.SM

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Some tips for balancing work and play

There's an old saying "Play as hard as you work" that I strive to live by. I've discovered that balancing work and personal time is one of the hardest - yet most important - things you can do as a human being. I found this to be doubly true after losing my mom to cancer last year and nearly losing my father to a heart attack this year.

If you're looking for ways to slow down and enjoy life during this one shot that you've got there's an excellent book on the subject that I HIGHLY recommend:




Furthermore, Focus.com recently pulled together an expert briefing on the subject that I contributed to:
Focus Experts' Briefing: 6 Ways to Improve Work/Life Balance

If you want to make some changes you've got make some hard choices. I hope these resources help.

2 comments:

  1. Life is too short, my friend. Gotta slow down and enjoy the journey because the destination will be here far too soon. Thanks for starting my day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Scott...and you're absolutely right. The sad fact is that we're often too busy to realize it!

    ReplyDelete