You can't secure what you don't acknowledge.SM

Friday, August 27, 2010

Work harder on yourself than you do on your job

Many people want to take the easy path that promises to lead them to their riches rather than work hard over the long term and earn it the good old-fashioned way. It's the lottery mentality. James Allen said it best:

"Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound."


Want to get begin improving your circumstances in your life and in your IT/security career? Here are some pieces I've written and an audio program I recorded that can help you get started.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. If you enjoy what you do, spend some time on side projects that you can put on your resume (set up a server, learn a new programming language, etc.). I've seen real benefits from this attitude personally, and it gives me great enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete