You can't secure what you don't acknowledge.SM

Monday, June 7, 2010

Oil and infosec, a marriage made in heaven?

Here's a funny - and ironic - pic a friend of mine just forwarded me.


























Need I say more?

Also, I have on my desk the March 8, 2010 edition of InformationWeek (great mag by the way) that has BP as its cover story. A call out quote says:

"Two years ago, BP CEO Tony Hayward laid some very tough love on his 500 top managers. Despite revenue of about $300 billion, the energy company had become "a serial underperformer" that had "promised a lot but not delivered very much." Here's how CIO Dana Deasy responded."

Promise a lot a not deliver very much - the security mantra of all too many businesses!

I'm sure Obama and his government minions will be able to fix it all. Seriously, I hope someone does. This oil mess is a pretty big blow to Newt Gingrich's Drill Here Drill Now Pay Less that I was so pumped up about. Really a cruddy situation all around.

1 comment:

  1. It makes it tough for those of us who do all the little things every day to make the environment cleaner and BP has this one disaster that is such magnitude that it almost makes everything I have done pointless.

    ReplyDelete